The Bakery Tour at the Machane Yehuda market guarantees a remarkable experience to those of you who get excited thinking about hot pastries just out of the oven. Behind each bakery and patisserie you will uncover an interesting story about people, recipes, or the tantalizing smells!
Some of the leading market bakeries continue to bake their own bread, pitot or other dough-based specialties by the same traditional methods that were prevalent dozens of years ago. Many harbor secret preparations passed from generation to generation. But some of the bakeries bring a new and fresh approach to market, with new and more advanced baking techniques. The fusion of new and the traditional bakeries give the shuk its special charm.
During the tour you will survey the mythological bakeries of old Machane Yehuda, as well as the newer “boutique” ones. You will discover trade secrets, as well as the bakeries' owners stories.
This tour is a wonderful experience for groups who enjoy bread, pastries, sweets and stories.
During the tour the participants will have the opportunity to purchase bread, pastries and special offerings at discount prices.
More details about the tour:
- The tours will be guided by local and experienced guides.
- The tour is for private closed groups (no minimum participants), it isn't possible to join a tour
- Tours for large groups are possible, these will be separated to a number of smaller groups according to the size of the initial group
- This tour can be combined with a petits fours/ bread baking/international patisserie workshop.
- It is also possible to incorporate a tour of the beautiful Nachlaot neighborhood, adjacent to the market.
- The duration of the tour is 3 hours.
Further information, terms and restrictions:
- The tour cost includes third party insurance policy coverage.
- We accept credit card or cash transfer through bank acounts.
- Cancellation terms:
- up to 7 days before the tour date – no cancellation fees shall apply
- 4-7 days before the tour date – cancellation fees at the rate of 50% of the total order shall apply
- up to 4 days before the date of tour – full payment of the total order will be charged.
For further details and information, or to book a tour, please contact us.
If you intend to arrive by yourself, as a couple, or in a smaller group, we recommend that you purchase a Market Bites tasting ticket, to allow you to taste of the market’s finest foods independently, at your own pace, and without being bound to a specific group. For the Market Bites tasting ticket page, click here.
Have fun at the market!