Let a professional chef guide your tasting tour of the Mahane Yehudah market for a unique opportunity to learn about the culinary secrets and stories behind the shopkeepers and restaurateurs of this historic place. Hear first-hand about the changes the Shuk has undergone in the past few years, gather expert advice on buying fresh food at marketplaces and walk away with professional tips for your kitchen.Tasting tour with your own personal chef at the Machane Yehuda market
- Visit a local bakery to sample items baked on the premises and hear about bread doughs and traditional bread baking methods
- Stop at a specialty spice shop to taste their 'stew of the day'
- Listen to fresh fruit and vegetable stalls explain the importance of visual design in displaying their produce
- Learn about different cuts of meat and gain insider tips on buying meats from a leading, local butcher
- Sample international cheeses from a well-reputed, local fromagerie and hear about how they're made
- Visit some of the most well-known and historic restaurants of the Shuk
- Enjoy an array of local sweets for dessert
- The tour is led by professional, Jerusalem-based chefs with years of experience in their field
- The tour is for private closed groups (no minimum participants), it isn't possible to join a tour
- Larger groups can be accommodated and will be divided into smaller groups, each led by a qualified chef
- Meals at a Shuk restaurant can incorporated into the tour, to be arranged in advance for the entire group
- Tours on Fridays begin at 9:00 AM
- Each tour is between 2-3 hours long
Further information, terms and restrictions:
- The tour cost includes third party insurance policy coverage.
- We accept credit card or cash transfer through bank acounts.
- Cancellation terms:
For further details and information, or to book a tour, please contact us.If you intend to arrive by yourself, as a couple, or in a smaller group, we recommend that you purchase a Market Bites tasting ticket, to allow you to taste of the market’s finest foods independently, at your own pace, and without being bound to a specific group. For the Market Bites tasting ticket page, click here.Here's to a great tasting tour of the Shuk!
- up to 7 days before the tour date – no cancellation fees shall apply
- 4-7 days before the tour date – cancellation fees at the rate of 50% of the total order shall apply
- up to 4 days before the date of tour – full payment of the total order will be charged.