Shuk Cooking workshop
Cooking workshop of the Machane Yehuda Market
A unique workshop that combines a colorful and fragrant tour of the market, with a cooking workshop from all the good the market has to offer. We will begin an experiential tour of the Mahane Yehuda market, the most beautiful market in Israel. We will get to know the old bastas alongside these new ones. We will hear the story of the market from its inception to the present day, and we will smell and taste the best of it. We will continue in a Jerusalem cooking workshop from an Arab and Israeli kitchen, where we will learn the various raw materials, learn different cooking techniques and try to prepare dishes, simple, fast, colorful and especially tasty!
The workshop ends with a meal!
In each workshop we will prepare about 8 servings, which vary according to season and stock at the market.
Eggplant salad with hot tehina
Hummus Yerushalmi Asali
(Msachen (Chicken with lots of garlik, onion and Sumak Spice on Pita bread
Semolina Cake and Arabic coffee
** A cooking workshop of up to 3 hours can be held without a tour of Mahane Yehuda Market
More details about the cooking workshop:
- The workshop will be led by experienced Jerusalem Chef
- The Menu of the workshop could be altered according the market availabilities
- The tour is for private closed groups (rate is for minimum 10 participants)
- Tours for large groups are possible (up to 50 people)
- Before the workshop you could order Market tour with or without tastings
- Duration of the tour and workshop is 4- 5 hours
- On Fridays, workshop sould start in the morning hours.
Further information, terms and restrictions:
- The workshop cost includes third party insurance policy coverage.
- We accept credit card or cash transfer through bank acounts.
- Cancellation terms:
- up to 7 days before the tour date – no cancellation fees shall apply
- 4-7 days before the tour date – cancellation fees at the rate of 50% of the total order shall apply
- up to 4 days before the date of tour – full payment of the total order will be charged.
For further details and information, or to book a tour, please contact us.
If you intend to arrive by yourself, as a couple, or in a smaller group, we recommend that you purchase a Market Bites tasting ticket, to allow you to taste of the market’s finest foods independently, at your own pace, and without being bound to a specific group. For the Market Bites tasting ticket page, click here.
Have fun at the market!