Tours & Workshops
Tours › Wine and Cheese Tour
If you have a fine palate and you’re interested in getting to know the Machane Yehuda market from a different angle, the gourmet tour is for you. This tour will offer extensive and select tastings of the finest shops of the shuk.
1. The tour will include tastings from select wineries located in the nearby Judean hills.
2. The tour will allow the participants to taste some local cheeses, as well as cheeses rarely seen in Israel.
3. Discover gourmet chocolate in the shuk, with explanations as to how the chocolates are manufactured. Taste high-quality chocolates and pralines.
4. Wind through the market’s streets and alleys, with a special emphasis on local delicacies, with tastings at selected locations.
During the tour participants will be able to purchase cheeses and wines for special price offers.
More details about the tour:
- The tours will be guided by local and experienced guides, in groups of a minimum of 10 participants.
- The tour is for private closed groups, it isn't possible to join a tour
- Tours for large groups are possible, these will be separated to a number of smaller groups according to the size of the initial group
- It is also possible to incorporate a tour of the beautiful Nachalaot neighborhood, adjacent to the market.
- The minimum age for tour participants is 18.
- The duration of the tour is 3 hours (an optional winery visit is not included in this time frame).
Further information, terms and restrictions:
- The tour cost includes third party insurance policy coverage.
- We accept credit card or cash transfer through bank acounts.
- Cancellation terms:
- up to 7 days before the tour date – no cancellation fees shall apply
- 4-7 days before the tour date – cancellation fees at the rate of 50% of the total order shall apply
- up to 4 days before the date of tour – full payment of the total order will be charged.
For further details and information, or to book a tour, please contact us.
If you intend to arrive by yourself, as a couple, or in a smaller group, we recommend that you purchase a Market Bites tasting ticket, to allow you to taste of the market’s finest foods independently, at your own pace, and without being bound to a specific group. For the Market Bites tasting ticket page, click here.
Have fun at the market!